Monday 23 February 2015

Quilting projects for 2015

2015 quilting.  The first project is Natalie's quilt from the Simply Vintage magazine, volume number 3.  I am mostly using French General fabrics I have collected with extra greens added to the mix.  The pattern gets you to applique the basket bottom and handle but I am piecing the bottom and just appliqueing the handle.  I am loving how these blocks are looking, especially the one with a flower.

The second project is The Vintage Kitchen, a free BOM by Jenny of Elefantz here.  I think these beautiful little stitcheries will look perfect in my kitchen.

It's been very quiet in here lately as February is always busy.  Thank you for your visits and comments though, I really do appreciate them.  Shirley F, I want to especially thank you for your lovely comments as I am unable to email you.

I hope you all have a wonderful week with plenty of time to do what you love, Wendy xx

15 comments:

  1. Looks like good start to the year. Pretty baskets and Jenny's lovely stitcheries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely, quirky quilt. Those stitcheries are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a sweet quilt and it is looking gorgeous in the french general fabrics.
    Pretty stitching too.
    will enjoy following your progress on these projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny's stitcheries are always great aren't they. Love the basket blocks - what a lovely quilt it is gong to make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous projects you are working on Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with your baskets !! It is very funny because I started this project for my Mum a few years ago…. everything is prepared and I haven't sewn one until now !!! Maybe to see yours will help me !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your baskets are looking lovely, Wendy. Jenny's designs are just lovely. I'm stitching those too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your baskets and the little stitchery is a adorable .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Wendy,

    Aren't succulents the best plants, the flowers on them amaze me, so pretty as is your latest quilt.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see what you are up to Wendy. Those baskets are really sweet, as are the kitchen stitcheries. (It looks like your version of Simply Vintage is in French?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely pretty blocks... I do like how you take the pics of them with that pretty succulent... really lovely way to showcase... the stitcheries are lovely too.... new look kitchen on the way....

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Wendy, beautiful quilt blocks, love the fabrics you have chosen. Your little stitcheries are just gorgeous too. Arent the hydrangeas pretty at the moment, I have been drying some x0x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photographs Wendy those plants are stunning. Love your baskets and little stitcheries. I'm going to look for my copy of Simply Vintage right now... you are such a tease! ;o) You holiday photos were lovely too... made me daydream. Still get a giggle at you knitting on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous photographs Wendy those plants are stunning. Love your baskets and little stitcheries. I'm going to look for my copy of Simply Vintage right now... you are such a tease! ;o) You holiday photos were lovely too... made me daydream. Still get a giggle at you knitting on a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The magazine you mentioned is a beautiful magazine, have a couple of those myself. Lovely Jenny of Elefantz stitcheries, they look like they will be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!