Sunday 9 September 2012

September catch-up

Badger Cottage pencil case - Lynette Anderson designs
September is racing by - only one more week of winter sports and then hopefully life will feel less pressured!  I have managed some sewing though, finishing my Badger Cottage pencil case.  I even found a cute little bee charm for the zip and it goes perfectly with the bees and beehives on the fabric.  I am going to use this little set for sewing things.  Spring is here (yay!) and I couldn't resist buying a gorgeous bunch of daffodils which are really brightening up our table.

I am hoping to get some time in the next couple of months to get some spring cleaning done and I have written a list for my Pretty Crafty Home inspired by Sandra at Cherry Heart.
  • Tidy bedroom stereo, make topper
  • Re-purpose and paint shelves for kitchen
  • Purchase bookcase for bedroom
  • Sort and tidy craft supplies
  • Purchase shelves or cupboard for laundry and tidy
  • Tidy and accessorise bookcase in dining room
  • Tidy and accessorise computer area
  • Tidy and sort linen cupboard
  • Purchase new curtains for bedroom
  • Tidy bedroom chest and annual accounts
Our bedroom is still a work in progress.  It is up to plastering, painting and wallpapering which is all in Paul's domain so I am just focusing on the little jobs I can do (Paul just read this and asked why those jobs are his domain, ha,ha!).  This afternoon I finally sewed on the binding of the little topper I was making for my bedroom stereo.  So I can tick off number one on my list.  A while ago I bought a little second hand table the perfect size for the stereo and now I have a topper to pretty it up.
Before (the stereo is hidden behind the book which is used to block out the light at night time!)
After
Vase of flowers - designed by Lori Smith in Love of Quilting magazine, May/June 2012
Improved I think!  And so nice to get a couple of little finishes, Wendy xx


30 comments:

  1. Lovely pencil case. Those Lynette Anderson projects are gorgeous.

    Your vase of flowers is perfect for a Little cover up job.

    Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy what beautiful projects you have made,love the matching set of book and bag and that topper is stunning,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching....love your Badger Creek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your folder and pencil case, those hexagons are gorgeous!! the little bee finishes it off beautifully.
    Quite a list there, so good you can already cross one item off.
    Your little mini looks great in it's new place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable little pencil case, the bee zip finishes it off perfectly. Good luck with your list, I think I need one myself........

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done wendy your finishes look gorgeous!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finishes!!!
    Your little bee on the zip is cute. Great little topper & the daffodils are bright & cheery.
    Good luck with your list, some of the same things are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Badger Cottage set is wonderful. I love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pencil case Wendy, and the bee is just darling! Your stitching is so neat! Sounds like you have a good plan to refresh & re-purpose some things, so I hope you enjoy doing that too...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the pencil case , sweet sweet and your little topper is adorable in your colors , "almost" makes me want to make another in different colors ;-)Great job !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wendy your Lynette Anderson projects are lovely.. the wee bee is sew cute..

    The little topper looks great on the stereo..
    Nice to have your first job ticked off the list already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous finishes, Wendy. I just love your table topper - a very lovely addition to your bedroom. Good luck with working through your list, it will feel good to get those done, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects. the pencil case is so beautiful and the little table topper is gorgeous, love the hand quilting and the applique.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet topper, it looks fantastic!
    Good luck on your list...:O)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waow ! your bee charm is gorgeous !! What a beautiful set you have now !!
    Your table topper is splendid !!
    You made really good jobs !
    Have a good week !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your projects are always beautiful...love the little bumble bee on your zip

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have been very busy and all of your projects are beautiful! :) You are warming up for spring and daffodils and we are cooling down and looking at mums. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. YOu sound very well organised!!! the zippy case is just lovely and perfect for your sewing goodies... I love the extra touch of the bee... happy spring cleaning!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your pencil case is so lovely. I adore the whole set. You have planning a lot of work. Lovely to have spring.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable finishes!
    And it's great to have spring back :)

    Hugs,
    Tatyana

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's very cute Wendy. Such a long list to get through...I hope you make it. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely projects Wendy, you have been busy, good luck with your list!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is quite a list you have there Wendy!! Good luck with it all. Your finishes are lovely of course..... great to see you finish the things that you start.....lol
    Have a great day, Nicky

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going
    to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!
    Arya Samaj Marriage Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  26. That zip I think was just made for that pencil case Wendy, it's very sweet. I love Spring for getting motivated too. Enjoy your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love everything you've been stitching... especially your new note book cover. All those gorgous yo-yo's... cute. I daren't look at your list of to do's... sends shivvers down my spine.. good luck with the list! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful! and those jobs well they are under my job description here lol. glad to say the paintbrush has to come back out soon and finish the front verandah, 5' picket fence and the back wall of the house. mmmmm how long can i put it off lol as last summer/autumn was the year of the paintbrush inside and out so for a job i normaly love doing i am feeling a little disheartened at having to pull it all out again to finish.
    winge over and now to go play with fabrics lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am loving all your projects, especially the pencil case. Also love the list idea but sadly they dont work for me as I get distracted way to easily :) hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!