Sunday 10 April 2011

Looking back and Vignette stitching

September 2010 makes:
I was so excited when I finished the Gail Pan "Scattered Ye Daisies" quilt last year ... the biggest finish for me for a long time!  I hand quilted it which I really enjoyed.

Scattered Ye Daises quilt - Gail Pan designs
 

Every spare moment I get I am stitching away on the Vignette quilt.  I am using the Cottage Garden threads for the first time and really love them, I love the variegation!  Hillbilly Handiworks has blogged recently about the different threads available and I agree with her that the variegation you get with Cottage Garden threads is the best!  Here are a couple of the flowers I have completed ...


Not the best photos because I am using my phone (I don't have a digital camera yet!!) but you may be able to see the variegation.
And just to finish, here is a beautiful visitor to our garden, newly hatched ...
Happy stitching.

6 comments:

  1. Are you using Cottage Garden on your Vignette too?

    Those blocks came out pretty. I haven't even started on mine yet so I don't know if they are from the Vignette Mystery or not. I never even thought about using them for that. I am glad that I haven't started...because I just might do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful butterfly!
    Your stitching looks greats, I haven't tried the cottage carden threads yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is lovely, using the variegated threads makes it look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your work is beautiful! I've wanted to try Cottage Garden threads for a while. Reckon I'm going to have to get some... they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to meet you over at Vignette, beautiful stitching...
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo beautiful !! Your quilt, your Vignette block and the butterfly !!!!
    Bravo !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!